Iron Men on Sairan Lake
The National Championship of the Republic of Kazakhstan in triathlon among professionals was held in Almaty.
The triathletes of Kazakhstan have been waiting for this competition in Almaty for two years - after all, last year due to the coronavirus pandemic, all sports events in the country were canceled.
This year, the Kazakhstan Triathlon Federation was allowed to hold championships, albeit under the strictest medical supervision. All participants passed PCR tests for Covid-19 so that nothing would overshadow the triathlon holiday.
- The fact that today we have gathered together, on the same shore, inspired by the same idea, says that life goes on! No pandemic can stop us in our dedication to sports and triathlon, ”said Galimzhan Yessenov, Kazakhstan Triathlon Federation vice president, in his welcoming speech.
On June 12, 2021, 60 triathletes from 8 regions of the republic entered the race on Lake Sairan at once. They had to measure their strength in four categories (Elite, U23, U19, U17) at the sprint distance, which consisted of three stages: swimming 750 m, cycling 20 km, running 5 km.
Elite men were the first to compete for medals. In this category, the undoubted favorites were athletes from the Akmola region. Although you can't say that this time the victory was given to them very easily. The overall result of the men's start is as follows:
1. Temirlan Temirov (Akmola region) - 58 min. 12 sec .;
2. Meirlan Iskakov (Akmola region) - 58 min. 23 sec .;
3. Ayan Beisenbaev (Akmola region) - 58 min. 28 sec.
Among the girls, the leadership was expectedly taken by the repeated champion of the Republic of Kazakhstan - Ekaterina Shabalina. Yulia Ozerova and Daria Bychkova from Almaty tried to resist her, but in vain. As a result, the prizes were distributed as follows:
1. Ekaterina Shabalina (Nur-Sultan) - 1 h. 07 min. 27 sec .;
2. Yulia Ozerova (Almaty) - 1 h. 08 min. 53 sec .;
3. Daria Bychkova (Almaty) - 1 h. 09 min. 52 sec.
In the remaining categories, the places were distributed as follows:
1. Milena Saprina (Almaty) - 1 h. 19 min. 18 sec .;
2. Lisana Savchenko (East Kazakhstan region) - 1 h. 19 min. 43 sec .;
3. Eva Pinchuk (Nur-Sultan) - 1 h. 21 min. 20 sec.
1. Maxim Shmulich (Akmola region) - 1 hour 06 minutes. 03 sec .;
2. Medhat Dairov (Akmola region) - 1 hour 07 min. 33 sec .;
3. Arlan Zhanabay (Akmola region) - 1 h. 10 min. 17 sec.
1. Natalia Korotkova (Akmola region) - 1 h. 21 min. 43 sec .;
2. Aruzhan Amanzholova (Turkestan region) - 1 h. 23 min. 19 sec.
1. Egor Krupyakov (Almaty) - 1 h. 02 min. 15 sec .;
2. Danil Porodnov (Almaty) - 1 h. 03 min. 06 sec .;
3. Yerasyl Amanzholov (Turkestan region) - 1 hour 04 minutes. 47 sec.
1. Nadezhda Bekmaganbetova (Nur-Sultan) - 1 h. 11 min. 22 sec .;
2. Aigerim Nurgali (Turkestan region) - 1 h. 17 min. 59 sec.
1. Alikhan Abuseit (Shymkent) - 1 h. 03 min. 34 sec .;
2. Bisultan Kairov (Nur-Sultan) - 1 h. 08 min. 38 sec;
3. Vladislav Kudin (Shymkent) - 1 h. 10 min. 33 sec.
The next race, in which it will be possible to observe the performance of professional athletes, will be held in Kostanay. On July 17, the Championship of the Republic of Kazakhstan among Elite and U23 categories at a standard distance (1500 m swimming, 40 km cycling, 10 km running) will be held there.
We remind you, that the events were organized with the support of the general partners: the National Welfare Fund Samruk-Kazyna JSC, the Samruk Kazyna Trust Social Projects Development Fund and the Eurasian Resources Group, also financial partner Sport Qory Tourism and Sports Industry Support Fund.
Full results can be viewed here.